googlef87758e9b6df9bec.html A Sure Word: Be Patient

Monday, March 8, 2010

Be Patient

For someone who has been blogging for a couple of years now, I'm really not the most computer savvy person you'll ever meet. I started out with writing five different blogs but it was nearly impossible to publish regular content for each of them. It became so frustrating that I nearly gave up blogging all together.

My next bright idea was to try tying my different blogs together using an awkward system of linking. My theory was that I could post everything on a master blog and re-post the same articles on sub-blogs of more specialized interests (Greek, creation, etc). Besides having to publish all of my posts twice, there were a lot of other problems with this: for example, different people would leave comments for the same post on different sites. Also, corrections were difficult since I had to correct every place I had published the post. In spite of all my efforts, I was never really satisfied with the result.

After much frustration, I realized that instead of using different sites, I could group my posts using labels. Of course, after 2½ years of publishing, I already had a fair amount of articles archived – many of which had comments. Importing them all into my main blog seemed daunting so I resisted.

Well, I've done it. I've imported all of my sub-blogs into my main blog. Most of the comments have survived but there were a few hiccups. You may find duplicate comments, duplicate posts, or broken links. I'll correct these as I find them. I've deleted all the posts from my sub-blogs and left only a single post with a link directing traffic to here. After 90 days, these should also be gone.

I'll continue posting here for now but my next goal is to move this entire blog to a different site. I originally chose “RKBentley” because I wanted a kind of brand (like Trump, Sears, or J C Penney) but now I'm leaning toward something more Christ focused. I'm not sure exactly what name to use yet but I want a title more descriptive of my objective. I'll have something soon.

I enjoy a fair amount of traffic to my blog but I would like to reach more people. These and other changes are all geared toward the end. For those of you who have visited my blog, I hope you will find see these changes as an improvement.

God bless!!

RKBentley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's very interessting but frankly i have a hard time figuring it... I'm wondering what others have to say....

RKBentley said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying; what is so hard to figure out? I'm asking readers to be patient because I'm making changes to my blog.

I'm curious about what others have to say as well. Hopefully some other readers will leave comments and suggestions to improve my blog.

Thanks again for visiting. God bless!!

RKBentley