googlef87758e9b6df9bec.html A Sure Word: More Clinton-Speak

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

More Clinton-Speak

With all the fuss lately about Mike Huckabee’s religious views, I did an internet search to see what some of the other candidates are being asked about their views. Now, I’m sure that somewhere on the net, someone has written something about what Hillary Clinton believes but I really couldn’t find anything outside of the blogs. But I did find this interesting quote made by Hillary at a NARAL luncheon.
“I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is trusting the individual to make the right decision for herself and her family, and not entrusting that decision to anyone wearing the authority of government in any regard.”
Isn’t that interesting? Out of all the people Hillary Clinton has met (remember, she said “thousands and thousands”) not one of them is pro-abortion? I wonder if she’s ever met someone who’s actually had an abortion. Wouldn’t you consider someone who’s had an abortion to be “pro-abortion”? I mean if someone were truly against abortion she probably wouldn’t have had one herself. Right? So someone who has had an abortion probably thinks it’s OK to actually have an abortion – not just OK to have the “right to choose” an abortion. It’s because of double talk like this that someone coined the term, “Clinton-speak.” Remember when Bill said, “It depends on what the definition of ‘is’ is”?

But you know what I found to be even more interesting in this quote? It’s when she said, “Being pro-choice is trusting the individual to make the right decision for herself and her family.” So, let me get this straight - we should trust the individual to make the right decision for herself and her family. That’s what she said. Read it again. She further said we should not “[entrust] that decision to anyone wearing the authority of government in any regard.” Again, I want to be clear. Do not entrust this to any authority of the government in any regard. Well, I don’t see how she could be much clearer than that.

But let’s see just how pro-choice Senator Clinton really is. Read the following account of a speech she made to the South Bronx Overall Economic Development Corp., (Newsday.com):
"First family that comes and says 'I want to send my daughter to St. Peter's Roman Catholic School' and you say 'Great, wonderful school, here's your voucher,'" Clinton said. "Next parent that comes and says, 'I want to send my child to the school of the Church of the White Supremacist ...' The parent says, 'The way that I read Genesis, Cain was marked, therefore I believe in white supremacy. ... You gave it to a Catholic parent, you gave it to a Jewish parent, under the Constitution, you can't discriminate against me.'"As an adoring, if somewhat puzzled, audience of Bronx activists looked on, Clinton added, "So what if the next parent comes and says, 'I want to send my child to the School of the Jihad? ... I won't stand for it."

So, when it comes to terminating a pregnancy (i.e. killing the unborn child) we should trust the decision of the mother to do what’s best for herself and her family. But when it comes to choosing a school for our children, parents just shouldn’t be trusted since they might send their kids to a white supremacist school. No, in that case Sen. Clinton is afraid the parents might make the wrong choice for their family.

To Hillary, being “pro-choice” means being “pro-abortion.” The only choices liberals would “allow” parents to have are the choices they feel are appropriate. An abortion? OK. Go to a Christian school? No. It’s an elitist attitude. It’s Hillary Clinton’s vision for America.

1 comment:

Daniel Mann said...

RFB,

"Clinton-Speak" is "nonsense-speak," as you have pointed out!